Monday, March 29, 2021

Tell me

 Tell me


Tell me friend your life is better

Please don’t share your small complaints 

Tell me that you sat in sunshine

That today you enjoyed your time.  


Recount to me how you enjoyed

The game of golf on television 

Regale me with your favorite meal

Any good news from far or near. 


Learn to lie and tell me how

I’m looking great even though

We both know it isn’t true,

For truth is overrated. 


I know it’s normal to give out 

To point out what is missing

But wouldn’t it be nice somehow

To reflect on all you’re getting?


A pleasant word would make me happy

Make you happy too I feel

For we become what our words make us

Say words of joy to keep us sane. 


See no evil, hear no evil

But above all this my friend,

Speak no evil and we’ll be rewarded

Feeling happy when we’ve parted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment