Wednesday, January 29, 2020

I’ve the whole world at my feet

I’ve the whole world here at my feet




I’ve the whole world here at my feet
As I sit in the hospital ward
In my mind I can see the heavens
I can also travel the stars.

Content with my lot and my nurses
Feeling no anger or pain
Unable to walk or to wander
My world is right here in my brain.

Long gone are the days of my travels
My travel’s done safely in bed
To the whirr and whoosh of the monitors
Who faithfully follow my end.

Soon this bed will belong
To another who travels my way
I don’t mind being helpful and nice
As I slip into my final day.

I wish more than trust what then follows
Is the final return to the fold
When I yield to a point of ecstasy
In a dimension beyond infinity.

To awake in the company of family -
Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment