Saturday, April 10, 2021

Knock knock

 Knock knock


Is that a knock I hear?

I wait a second and continue

To fill in many forms 

Required by the doctor. 


Is that a knock I hear?

I must be mistaken and inspect

The detailed questionnaire

To insure my house next May 


Four calls later and I’m sorted 

Three items more and that’s it

With paperwork and all the forms

In modern life it is the norm. 


Another quiet knock and I turn

And welcome in a gentle man

Who drinks some tea and shares the chat

And bids me well at what I’m at. 


Nice of him to come and visit

No formal message, no posted letter

A quiet knock, a pleasant call

A friendly chat, that’s all. 


I thought this fellow lived in a sanctuary

With lighted candles in a monastery 

Turns out I’m wrong, he’s always near

Bringing peace and love and cheer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment